Basic Laminate Floor Care
By following these basic tips, you can maintain the beauty of your laminate floors for many years.
Laminate Floor Care
- Never flood the floor with water.
- Do not use soap-based detergents, as these may leave a dull finish on your floor.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring powder, as these may scratch your floor.
- Never wax, polish, sand or lacquer a Laminate Floor.
- Use doormats outside each entrance to your home to prevent dirt, sand, grit and other substances such as oil, asphalt and driveway sealer from being tracked onto your floor.
- For furnishings, use wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors, such as clear, hard plastic or non-staining felt protectors, for heavy furnishings.
- Promptly remove all liquid spills including pet urine.
Stain/Problem: Juice, wine, grease, chocolate
Procedure: Dampen a rag with Laminate cleaner and spot clean
Stain/Problem: Cigarette burns, asphalt, shoe polish
Procedure: Dampen rag with alcohol or nail polish remover and spot clean
Stain/Problem: Candle wax, chewing gum
Procedure: Allow to harden and gently scrape with a plastic scraper