Basic Vinyl Floor Care
- Wipe up spills as soon as possible.
- Wash your floor occasionally with a Resilient Floor Cleaner
Use detergents, abrasive cleaners or “mop and shine” products – they may leave a dull film on your floor
- Use paste wax or solvent-based polishes
- Use a beater bar when vacuuming because it can visibly damage the floor surface
- Use highly abrasive scrubbing tools
- When moving appliances or heavy furniture, lay a plywood panel on your floor and “walk” the item across it. This protects your floor from scuffing and tears.
- Use Floor Protectors on furniture to reduce indentation. As a general rule of thumb, the heavier the item, the wider the floor protector needed.
- Be careful with rolling casters. They can damage the floor. Therefore, we do not recommend them. If you choose to use them, the double wheel types are the best option.
- Place a walk-off mat at outside entrances to reduce the amount of dirt brought into your home. We do not recommend the use of rubber or latex backed mats because the chemical (antioxidant) used to keep the backing from becoming brittle can permanently stain your floor. We suggest a nonstaining vinyl-backed mat or a woven rug that is colorfast.